Kennedy Institute of Ethics
Found in 14 Collections and/or Records:
Ancillary-Care Obligations of Medical Researchers Working in Developing Countries Workshop Collection
The collection consists of materials for the Ancillary-Care Obligations of Medical Researchers Working in Developing Countries Workshop (October 2006). The workshop was sponsored by Georgetown University's Reflective Engagement Initiative with additional support from the University's Department of Philosophy, the Kennedy Institute of Ethics, and from the PhRMA Foundation. Materials include schedules, biographies, and handouts.
The collection consists of audiovisual recordings related to bioethics, the bulk of which are recordings of lectures delievered at the Kennedy Institute of Ethics (KIE). This includes the KIE's Intensive Bioethics Courses and Advanced Bioethics Courses. The recordings are in a variety of formats, including audio cassettes, compact discs, DVDs, micro cassettes, VHS cassette tapes, 1/4" open reel audio, and other formats.
The collection contains the papers of Dr. Edmund D. Pellegrino, dating from 1943 to 2017. It primarily documents his contributions to the field of bioethics, particuarly as an educator and administrator at Georgetown University.
The collection contains meeting briefing materials for Joseph P. Kennedy, Jr. Foundation Trustee's meetings held between 1976 and 1983. The materials all relate to the funding of the Kennedy Institute of Ethics (KIE) and the relations between Georgetown University and the Foundation. It includes project proposals, reports from the KIE to the Foundation, and internal KIE communications.
The collection contains records of course, lectures, and events held by the Kennedy Institute of Ethics from 1975 to 2014. It primarily consists of promotional materials, but it also includes some administrative records for certain courses and lectures.
The collection consists of photographs related to the Kennedy Institute of Ethics (KIE), primarily dating from the 1970s. It includes images of KIE and bioethics library staff, lectures (inclding the Intensive Bioethics Course), and buildings/spaces used by the KIE. The collection primarily contains photographic prints, although it also includes contact sheets, negatives, slides, and digital images.
The collection contains the final report for Project No. 30131-G-74-02, a study on pregnancy conducted by the Kennedy Institute of Ethics (KIE) in 1974. KIE Director André Hellegers was the Principle Investigator. Other collaborators include Ray Branson, Leon Kass, Ann Neale, Roy Capone, and Jeanne Clare Ridley.
The collection contains briefing materials for the third meeting of the KIE's International Advisory Board. The binder belonged to Paul B. Cornely.
- Bioethics 11
- Bioethics -- Study and teaching 8
- Medical ethics 8
- Abortion -- Moral and ethical aspects 4
- AIDS (Disease) -- Moral and ethical aspects 3
- Euthanasia -- Moral and ethical aspects 3
- Genetics -- Moral and ethical aspects 3
- Medical policy 3
- Terminal care -- Moral and ethical aspects 3
- Death -- Moral and ethical aspects 2
- Jewish ethics 2
- Libraries -- Special collections -- Databases 2
- Managed care plans (Medical care) 2
- Medical care 2
- Medicine and the humanities 2
- Research -- Moral and ethical aspects 2
- Advance directives (Medical care) 1
- Ancillary health care 1
- Bioethics -- History 1
- Bioethics -- Religious aspects -- Catholic Church 1
- Ethics 1
- Health -- Philosophy 1
- Human experimentation in medicine -- Moral and ethical aspects 1
- Libraries 1
- Medical Education 1
- Medical ethics -- Religious aspects -- Catholic Church 1
- Medical ethics committees 1
- Pregnant women 1
- Pregnant women -- Employment 1
- Sex discrimination against women 1
- Stem cells -- Moral and ethical aspects 1
- Transplantation of organs, tissues, etc 1 ∧ less