Skip to main content
Please contact the Booth Family Center for Special Collections for assistance with accessing these materials.

Francis X. DeNeckere, SJ papers

 Collection
Identifier: GTM-GAMMS36
Francis X. DeNeckere (1810-1879), entered the Society in 1844. He may have written these meditations.

Dates

  • 1844-1879

Collection-level Access Restrictions

Most manuscripts collections at the Georgetown University Booth Family Center for Special Collections are open to researchers; however, restrictions may apply to some collections. Collections stored off site require a minimum of three days for retrieval. For use of all manuscripts collections, researchers are advised to contact the Booth Family Center for Special Collections in advance of any visit.

Conditions Governing Use

Researchers are solely responsible for determining the copyright status of the materials being used, establishing who the copyright owner is, locating the copyright owner, and obtaining permission for intended use.

Extent

0.20 Linear Feet (1 Hollinger Slim Document Case)

Biographical Note

Francis X. DeNeckere, SJ (1810-1879) was born on February 2, 1810. He entered the Society of Jesus in 1844. Along with his brother Hippolyte, he left the Belgian Province and immigrated to the United States. Fr. DeNeckere began serving on the mission at Conewago, Pennsylvania in 1849. In 1859, he moved to the Jesuit outpost in Frederick, Maryland, where he taught Latin and Greek. He moved once again in 1860, this time to Newtown, Maryland. In 1862, Fr. DeNeckere returned to Conewago and tended to Littlestown and McSherrystown. He was transferred in 1863 to Holy Trinity Church in Boston. Francis X. DeNeckere, SJ died on January 8, 1879 in Littlestown, Pennsylvania.

[Source: "Woodstock Letters" volune 15, page 10].
Title
Francis X. DeNeckere, SJ papers
Status
completed
Author
Georgetown University Library Booth Family Center for Special Collections, Washington, D.C.
Description rules
local practice
Language of description
English

Repository Details

Part of the Georgetown University Manuscripts Repository

Contact: