Bioethics Research Library
Found in 3 Collections and/or Records:
Abstract The collection consists of more than 250 publications created by organizations, universities, societies, and other groups to promote and examine bioethical issues. Some of these topics include: Abortion, AIDS and HIV, Animal research, Business ethics, End of life care, Euthanasia, Disability rights, Health care and law, Health care and religion/Christianity, Hospitals, Human experimentation, Human reproduction and family planning, Medical ethics, Medical humanities, Mental health ethics,...
Dates: 1963 - 2019
Abstract The collection publications and ephemera related to the Kennedy Institute of Ethics and its library, dating from 1971 to the 2010s. These include newsletters, promotional materials, and clippings. It includes a number of publications produced by the Bioethics Research Library, including Scope Notes (primers on bioethical topics), bioethics bibliographies, bioethics thesauruses, database guides, and lists of holdings. The KIE Newsletters include messages from the Institute's...
Abstract The collection consists of Kennedy Institute of Ethics (KIE) records that were created and/or maintained by LeRoy Walters. Walters joined the KIE as one of its first scholars, served as Director of the Bioethics Center from 1971 to 1993, and as Director of KIE from 1996 to 2000. The records primarily document establisment and development of the KIE, its library, and various bioethics information retrieval projects over the years. The collection also includes some of Walters teaching files,...
Dates: 1969 - 2021
- Genetics -- Moral and ethical aspects 2
- Libraries -- Special collections -- Databases 2
- AIDS (Disease) -- Moral and ethical aspects 1
- Abortion -- Moral and ethical aspects 1
- Animal experimentation -- Moral and ethical aspects 1
- Bioethics -- Religious aspects -- Catholic Church 1
- Bioethics -- Study and teaching 1
- Ethics 1
- Euthanasia -- Moral and ethical aspects 1
- Human experimentation in medicine -- Moral and ethical aspects 1
- Libraries 1
- Medicine and the humanities 1
- People with disabilities -- Care 1
- Research -- Moral and ethical aspects 1
- Terminal care -- Moral and ethical aspects 1 ∧ less