The Archives of Holy Trinity Church were placed on deposit at Georgetown University Library Booth Family Center for Special Collections in 1982. The collection span dates are from 1792 to 1982; and bulk dates from 1850 to 1980. Files include financial administration, property management and renovation, church services and events, societies and sodalities, genealogical data, school records, and photographs.
It should be noted that material pertaining to Holy Trinity Church may also be found in the Georgetown University Archives, Maryland Jesuit Province Archives and the Woodstock College Archives. The bulk of the material dates from 1800-1850.
Burial records (1817-1917) of Holy Rood Cemetery are also located at the Booth Family Center for Special Collections.
Note: Sacramental registers listed in the following boxes have been removed and digitized. Refer to SCRC staff for access to digital content. Access to original registers restricted and by permission only from Holy Trinity Church : 19, 20, 23, 37.
Most manuscripts collections at the Georgetown University Booth Family Center for Special Collections are open to researchers; however, restrictions may apply to some collections. Collections stored off site require a minimum of three days for retrieval. For use of all manuscripts collections, researchers are advised to contact the Booth Family Center for Special Collections in advance of any visit.
Researchers are solely responsible for determining the copyright status of the materials being used, establishing who the copyright owner is, locating the copyright owner, and obtaining permission for intended use.
45 Linear Feet (45 Hollinger Record Storage boxes)
Part of the Georgetown University Manuscripts Repository