Scope and Contents
This series consists of the personal and professional papers of Jesuits associated with Woodstock, former Woodstock Jesuits, ex Jesuits, and Jesuits within and outside the province. The collection is made up of spiritual notes, sermons, class materials, materials for publication, correspondence between Jesuits and family, photos, scrapbooks, diaries, newspaper clippings, and menologies.
- From the Collection: 1800-1974
Conditions Governing Access
Access to the Archives is governed by the Maryland Province and is subject to all Library and Special Collections policies and procedures in addition to the specific guidelines below. These guidelines are a summary of access policies -- the Archives may include materials that fall outside the scope of these general guidelines. For information on access to specific materials, please contact the Special Collections staff.
1. All Archives materials dated or bearing solely on events occurring before January 1, 1940, shall be open for review unless otherwise restricted, subject to Library policies and procedures.
2. All unpublished Archives materials dated or bearing solely on events occurring on or after January 1, 1940, shall be open for review upon request subject to a decision by the Provincial or someone designated by the Provincial.
3. Researchers may quote from the materials.
4. Researchers may take their own photographs of the material for scholarly and research purposes. Allowing photographs is not an authorization to publish or to deposit the material in another library or archive.
5. Written permission from the Maryland Province is required for the publication of substantive portions of any material or publication-quality reproductions of any material.
6. Material not yet processed is not available to researchers; permission will not be granted to access any unprocessed material.
7. Audiovisual, microfilm and other material in the Archives, the original of which is held in another archive, may be consulted and transcribed only. Written permission from the archive holding the original material is required for any duplication, reproduction, or publication of that material.
8. Use the Permission Request Form to request permission (i) to access any restricted processed material or (ii) to publish reproductions or quote substantive portions of the material. Send the completed form by email to the Booth Family Center for Special Collections (email@example.com).
From the Collection: 300 Linear Feet
Language of Materials
From the Collection: English
Woodstock College archivists separated this series into several sub-series: Individual Jesuits who lived at Woodstock and died elsewhere, Individual Jesuits who neither lived nor died at Woodstock, Anonymous, Non-Jesuits, and Jesuits prescinding any connection to Woodstock.