IA-3.2c2: Encyclicae Generalium (ARP Wlodimiri Ledochowski)., 1617-1921
Scope and Contents
This series contains the governing records of the Reverend Father Rector, the superior of the house at Woodstock. The rector was in charge of the broad management of the house, ensuring the house customs and rules, and corresponding with, and disseminating directives of, the Maryland Rector Provincial and the General Superior of the Society of Jesus. These files contain meeting minutes of the administration (Consultation Books), correspondence with the church and secular authorities, the decrees of the General Congregation, House regulations, and lists of students and faculty.
- Verde, Alexander (Author, Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Access to the Archives is governed by the Maryland Province and is subject to all Library and Special Collections policies and procedures in addition to the specific guidelines below. These guidelines are a summary of access policies -- the Archives may include materials that fall outside the scope of these general guidelines. For information on access to specific materials, please contact the Special Collections staff.
1. All Archives materials dated or bearing solely on events occurring before January 1, 1940, shall be open for review unless otherwise restricted, subject to Library policies and procedures.
2. All unpublished Archives materials dated or bearing solely on events occurring on or after January 1, 1940, shall be open for review upon request subject to a decision by the Provincial or someone designated by the Provincial.
3. Researchers may quote from the materials.
4. Researchers may take their own photographs of the material for scholarly and research purposes. Allowing photographs is not an authorization to publish or to deposit the material in another library or archive.
5. Written permission from the Maryland Province is required for the publication of substantive portions of any material or publication-quality reproductions of any material.
6. Material not yet processed is not available to researchers; permission will not be granted to access any unprocessed material.
7. Audiovisual, microfilm and other material in the Archives, the original of which is held in another archive, may be consulted and transcribed only. Written permission from the archive holding the original material is required for any duplication, reproduction, or publication of that material.
8. Use the Permission Request Form to request permission (i) to access any restricted processed material or (ii) to publish reproductions or quote substantive portions of the material. Send the completed form by email to the Booth Family Center for Special Collections (firstname.lastname@example.org).
From the Collection: 300 Linear Feet
Language of Materials
From the Collection: English
Woodstock secondary identifer
Folder 23 contains a letter on theological studies, plus typed copies of letters dated 1617 and 1732. Folder 25 contains various letters, mostly meant for reading to communities of Maryland Province and information on the collecting of the Maryland Province Catalog. Folder 24 single letter by Rosati Vescovo Luigi at Ledochowski's request