IA-3.2a2: Assorted public letters and pamphlets. , 1840-1954
Scope and Contents
This series contains the governing records of the Reverend Father Rector, the superior of the house at Woodstock. The rector was in charge of the broad management of the house, ensuring the house customs and rules, and corresponding with, and disseminating directives of, the Maryland Rector Provincial and the General Superior of the Society of Jesus. These files contain meeting minutes of the administration (Consultation Books), correspondence with the church and secular authorities, the decrees of the General Congregation, House regulations, and lists of students and faculty.
- Pardow, William O'B,, S.J. (Author, Person)
From the Collection: 300 Linear Feet
Language of Materials
From the Collection: English
Woodstock secondary identifer
Mostly public letters from Jesuit Generals, the earliest handwritten, later printed. Also including: Kalendarium perpetuum: pro universa Societate Isu; Epistola R.P.N. Petri Beckx (De studiis theologicis ordinandis (Dec. 8, 1883); Instructio de examinibus externorum Scholarium in Universitate Gregoriana; Formula Congregationis Generalis (1892); Ordinatio studiorum in Provinciis Austriaco-Hungarica et Germanica (1909); Formula for the General Congregation (1892).
- Anderledy, Antonio Maria, V.R.P., S.J., General (Author) -- Correspondence
- Beckx, Pieter, V.R.P., S.J., General (Author) -- Correspondence
- Martin, Ludovicus (Luis), V.R.P., S.J., General (Author) -- Correspondence
- Roothaan, Jan, V.R.P., S.J., General (Author) -- Correspondence
- Wernz, Franz Xavier, R.V.P., S.J., General (Author) -- Correspondence