A note on the first page reads: "This register was made for the Centennial Celebration with the intention that the names of all visitors present on all or any one of the three days should be registered. Its cost was $30. But only about 700, out of the 1500 of more who attended, were actually inscribed. J.H. Richards, S.J."
The registrar was also used to record attendees at subsequent University events including the 125th Anniversary Celebration, 116th Commencement, 117th Commencement, Law School Golden Jubilee, 12/04-06/1920, Ordinations, June 1921, and Commencement 1923. It appears to have later been turned into a regular guest book, possibly for Riggs Library. The register was closed on 08/25/1952 by P. Temple.