Summers, Montague, Reverend (Alphonsus Joseph-Mary Augustus Montague), 1880-1948
Found in 2 Collections and/or Records:
Montague Summers Letter to John W. Barker, Esq.
Collection — Box: 2, Folder: 8
7 page autographed letter to Barker by Summers, with envelope and ephemera (a clipped, printed photo of Summers with a 1948 obituary and page from a 1968 bookseller's catalog), removed from Barker's copy of "Malleus Maleficarum", published by John Rodker, 1928.
Dates: 1931 - 1968
Montague Summers Papers
Scope and Contents The Montague Summers papers comprise the surviving collection of letters, manuscripts, and printed ephemera belonging to this popular author at the time of his death in 1948. A significant portion of the collection consists further of the papers of Summers' friend, the English author and literary biographer S.M. Ellis, which came into Summers' possession after Ellis' death in 1933 (Summers dedicated his 1933 anthology, Victorian Ghost Stories, to the memory of S.M.E.)....
Dates: 1845 - 1949; Majority of material found within 1920 - 1945
- English Literature -- 19th century -- History and criticism 1
- English drama -- Restoration, 1660-1700 -- History and criticism 1
- English literature -- 17th century -- History and criticism 1
- English literature -- 18th century -- History and criticism 1
- Gothic fiction (Literary genre) 1
- Occultism 1
- Witchcraft -- History 1 ∧ less